Exclusively Pumping: Intro


For those of you who don't know, exclusively pumping, EPing, is the act of feeding your baby breastmilk in a bottle instead of straight from your breast. While many mothers do this while they are away from their baby due to work or travel, exclusive pumping moms do this all the time. Their baby drinks breastmilk from a bottle even when they are together.




There are many reasons behind a mom's decision to exclusively pump. For some, the decision was made before birth and was always the plan. For others, like me, the plan was to breastfeed and when things didn't go as planned for any number of reasons, EPing became the next best option.

Breastfeeding takes dedication and hard work no matter what, but I have to give a special shout out to all of the EPing moms out there because this takes it to a whole new level. As a mom who has done both, nurse and EP, I can honestly say that the amount of persistence it takes to EP is unfathomable unless you have been there done that but in the end, it is completely worth it.

In my next few posts, I will talk about all things EP like why I am EPing, milk boosting tips, maintaining supply while EPing, and much more. Stay tuned!

Have you heard of EPing? Do you EP? Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Popular Posts